NB: This training follows on from ”Basic Concepts in Mental Health’.’ It is highly recommended to have completed the first course before taking this one.
This training develops the interpersonal skills needed to manage a situation involving a person with a mental health problem or disorder. A person who intervenes with tact, calm and empathy, and who employs intervention techniques, contributes to the successful management of a crisis. The training promotes the integration of learning through an experiential pedagogical approach.
Asynchronous training (approx. 45 min) is offered in the form of a self-directed module which will be available November 29 to December 12 2023.
The two-hour synchronous session led by Aléas will take place December 8 at 1:00 p.m. EST.
- People who develop, organize, or supervise a trip.
- People accompanying groups.
- People in charge of travellers.
- Explore intervention techniques.
- Develop your understanding of mental health intervention techniques.
- Develop the ability to assess the urgency of a crisis and the need to reach to additional resources.
- Highlight your strengths and challenges as a practitioner.
Sign up via the GSO Hub by November 22. Need access? Contact your GSO program officer.