This training teaches the prevention concepts to be implemented before and during group travels. Case studies are used to discuss best practices and to share experiences from which lessons can be learned. Through training. individuals become ambassadors for travel risk management and contribute to the organization’s duty of care.
- Integrate best practices for coaching a group.
- Know your role and responsibilities in risk management.
- Implement preventive measures to mitigate risks during the trip.
- Know your role. responsibilities. and procedures to follow when managing an emergency.
All trainings are composed of:
- an asynchronous (self-led) module between 45 minutes and one hour, and
- a two-hour synchronous (live) session.
Access to asynchronous modules is given to registered participants 10 days before the live session. Participants must set time aside to complete the module before the synchronous session.
Registration Deadline: March 30, 2023
PLEASE NOTE THAT SPOTS ARE LIMITED. Only one submission per institution will be considered for each course offered. Faculty/ staff accompanying students will be given preference.
To ensure an equitable distribution of spots, CICan and Univcan will review applications and assign the spots. Your responsible Program Officer will follow up with you.
As a reminder, beyond the sponsored, no-cost sessions, the Aléas courses are available to GSO implementing institutions at preferential rates. If interested in a paid session, please contact the Aléas representative identified in the GSO Hub – Program Partnerships.