The Global Skills Opportunity team is heading to Vancouver, November 26-29 to attend the CBIE conference. There will be a lot of opportunities to engage with GSO team members, get updates about the program and learn from fellow GSO-implementing institutions.
Join us at two GSO-led sessions
Sharing Insights Across Global Skills Opportunity Projects
Sunday, November 26th
West Building – Rooms 114/115
GSO project leads are invited to join us at a free pre-conference knowledge-sharing event. Post-secondary institutions will come together to share experiences, challenges and insights about their projects. Learn how universities and colleges across Canada are implementing their GSO projects, make valuable connections, and contribute to the growth and success of the GSO program. Small group discussions will be held in both French and English. Your participation promises to be both enlightening and impactful.
Widening Access and Demonstrating the Impact of Inclusive Study and Work Abroad on Soft Skills Development
co-hosted with Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Tuesday, November 28th
West Building – Rooms 114/115
The GSO program is increasing study and work abroad opportunities for low-income students, Indigenous students and students with disabilities, helping them develop valuable soft skills and intercultural competencies to support labour market success. Participants are invited to learn about program highlights, successful strategies for widening access, and key evaluation results demonstrating the impact of outbound mobility on participants’ soft skills development.
Visit the GSO booth in the exhibition hall
We’re exited to be exhibiting at the CBIE conference and encourage GSO project leads to visit us at booth no. 3. Come chat about your project, connect with the team, meet with potential partners and find out how your can actively participate in our #FromPilot2Program social media campaign in support of GSO renewal.
Numerous sessions involving Global Skills Opportunity projects and partners
Want more GSO content? Check out these sessions led by GSO project leads and partners:
Sunday November 26
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Aléas Training Session: Crisis Management and Supporting Mental Health in Learning Abroad
Monday November 27
10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
- From Virtual Learning Experiences Come Meaningful and Strategic Partnerships and Projects
11:30 – 12:30 a.m.
- Preparing Students for our Shared Journey: Decolonizing Pre-Departure
- Let’s Continue the Conversation: How Are You Helping Students and Staff Be Healthy and Successful?
- Exchanges Beyond the Classroom: Facilitating Work and Cultural Experience Abroad for Students
2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- ChatGPT in Study Abroad Programs: Enhancing Intercultural Learning and Real-time Support Using AI
Tuesday November 28
10:45 – 11:45 a.m.
- New Directions in International and Intercultural Learning
2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
- It’s Not Called Scare-ientation For a Reason: Highlighting the Positives of Travel for Underrepresented Students
4:15 – 5:15 p.m.
- Global Justice and Change: Justice, Equity and Inclusion in Practice, A Student-Centered Approach to Education Abroad Programming
- Global Indigenous Learning Experience: Partnerships for Culturally Tailored Learning
Wednesday Nov. 29
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Tech-tivating Global Education: How to Activate and Innovate using Technology